TRAVELING GLUTEN FREE
Bob & Ruth’s Dining and Travel Club.
Newsletter and opportunities for gluten-free weekend get-aways, resort vacations, and cruises.
Contact Bob Levy: Phone 410/939-3218; E-mail: email@example.com
Resources that have travel and dining out tips:
- THE ESSENTIAL GLUTEN-FREE RESTAURANT GUIDE from Triumph Dining.
Featuring 3,900+ restaurants recommended by Celiacs and 80+ Gluten Free lists from chain restaurants. Price for book is $20.95 plus shipping. There is a discount price for the resource plus a set of dining cards. Also, laminated Triumph Dining Cards for American, Indian, Japanese, Mexican and Thai cuisine. They are customized for each cuisine, specifying unique meals & hidden gluten sources. Order at www.triumphdining.com.
- THE GLUTEN-FREE BIBLE by Jax Peters Lowell. Henry Holt, publisher. Very readable and fun, but contains good informative specifics about coping with the gluten-free lifestyle. Includes restaurant cards translated into various languages.
- GLUTEN-FREE RESTAURANT AWARENESS PROGRAM(GIG) www.glutenfreerestaurants.org
- LET’S EAT OUT With Celiac/Coeliac & Food Allergies! by Kim Koeller and Robert LaFrance. Dedicated to eating around the corner and around the world while managing 10 food allergens. Imagine being able to go to any restaurant, scan the menu, quickly spot the safest choices and ask the right questions to avoid gluten and 9 other hidden allergens in food preparation. See www.glutenfreepassport.com for free translated restaurant cards in Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Latvian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish. Koeller & LaFrance also publish a "Multi-Lingual Phrase Passport" booklet that has relevant dining phrases translated into French, German,Italian and Spanish.
iEatOut™ - Enables Safe Dining and Traveling – Anytime & Anywhere, By www.glutenfreepassport.com for iPhone and iPod Touch users.
- WHEAT-FREE, WORRY-FREE: THE ART OF HAPPY, HEALTHY GLUTEN-FREE LIVING by Danna Korn, author of "Kids With Celiac Disease." Available from www.glutenfreeemall.com or www.amazon.com . Price is about $14.95, published by Hay House (760/431-7695).
- Celiacs (Coeliacs)! - Get Gluten Free Food Safely At Home Or Away. Website at www.celiactravel.com/ . A comprehensive guide to dining out while traveling gluten-free. Has links to travel stories by celiacs. An example: Janet Rinehart's trip to Scotland and Ireland.
- HOUSTON CHAPTER RESTAURANT CARD. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- TRIUMPH DINING: THE ESSENTIAL GLUTEN-FREE RESTAURANT GUIDE, www.triumphdining.com. (as well as their THE ESSENTIAL GLUTEN-FREE GROCERY GUIDE) TRIUMPH DINING Restaurant cards – American and ethnic restaurants. www.triumphdining.com
- NO THANKS, I’M ALLERGIC- Translated dining cards for GF & allergies. www.Amazon.com
- GIG pamphlets: “Tips on Travel in the U.S.” and “Restaurant Dining: 7 Tips for Staying Gluten Free”
Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program (GFRAP) coordinated by GIG – www.glutenfreerestaurants.org
- GLOBAL GLUTEN-FREE GUIDE: www.specialgourmets.com. This site is a global guide of restaurants, shops and hotels with options for gluten free and dairy free.
- Allergy Eats: www.AllergyEats.com
- Celiac Travel.com: www.celiactravel.com
- The Celiac Scene: www.theceliacscene.com/roadscene.php
- Gluten Free On The Go website: www.GlutenFreeOnTheGo.com
- The Gluten Free Registry lists GF restaurants, caterers, bakers and grocers in the US
- The Gluten Free Travel Site www.glutenfreetravelsite.com not only lists restaurants and travel venues, but they are reviewed by readers.
Return to Home Page